Tuesday, December 22, 2015

New Sightings: The Broad Art Museum

I just got home from visiting The Broad Museum in downtown LA and words cannot explain how lucky I feel to be able to experience the artworks.

Yes, you heard correctly. The new art museum everyone on social media has been coveting for tickets over. After waking up super early to drive downtown and standing in the rainy and wind for two hours before the door opened, I finally got to take those sweet pics hipsters everywhere in SoCal have been dying for. Even Yayoi Kusama's "Infinity Mirrored Room– The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away".

I went on a rainy Tuesday morning and thought the museum would open at 10am like it did on Saturday and Sunday (I did not do my research well enough apparently) but it opens at 11am on Tuesdays.

Hours:
Mondays     closed
Tuesday11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Sunday10:00 AM – 6:00 PM


There is parking on the right side of the building but parking is fairly expensive. However, supporting the museum was an incentive for us so we paid the $22 parking ticket. Entrance into the museum is free and it was the least we could do to support these wonderful artists.

There were two lines to enter the museum. One was for patrons who reserved online tickets in advance (could be done here: Reserve Tickets to The Broad)
and the other were for early birds like me who decided to wait in line because waiting two months for reserved tickets was not an option. 

Some things to keep in mind: 
  • Do not bring bags, purses, and backpacks larger than 11” x 17” x 8” into the museum. 
  • backpacks must be worn on the shoulder or in the front of the body to avoid knocking over artworks
  • no food or drinks allowed

I have taken many pictures for you guys to get a glimpse of the museum as well as help out those who can't make it. It was super crowded and I believe it will continue being so but that doesn't mean we can't still enjoy art!

*I do not reserve right to these artworks from various artists. I respect their art and I am merely trying to spread their visions and help others realize how much I appreciate them. These photos were taken by me. More details about each artwork as well as many more on display can be found here:

The outside of the building (left side)


going up the escalator 






























































































































































































Walt Disney Hall/ LA Phil right next to The Broad



          Kate Zoe Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment