Saturday, June 1, 2013

Recipes: White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I've been craving cookies lately.

Actually cross that out. I'm ALWAYS craving cookies.
So I made some, and what better satisfying cookies are there than my all time fav

WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES?

Almond White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Here's the thing though, we're all searching for that perfect cookie recipe for those tall chunky and chewy pieces of bliss to use as the base for all cookie recipes but it's hard to find.
I've already found my perfect MILK chocolate chip cookie recipe but I haven't found the perfect WHITE chocolate one.

So I went online like the internet-lover I am and searched up some white chocolate chip cookie recipes.
I found one by McCormick, a spice and extract company, and decided to give it a try. But I decided to omit the almond extract and add in some macadamia nuts to the dough.
 And instead of beating in the flour on low speed, I recommend stirring it in with a spatula to avoid that weird cake like texture, unless you're, of course, going for that.

Ingredients

Serves:
Makes 6 dozen or 36 (2 cookie) servings.

 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and almond extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and almonds.
  2. Drop by heaping tablespoons about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. 






 Kate Zoe Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment